We will organize children eye care workshops and public lectures every week in primary schools and community halls in different districts.
The rationale of organizing workshops to teachers and social workers is based on the “train the trainers” concept. Many underprivileged families, especially the ethnic minorities and new immigrants, are often isolated from the rest of the community. School teachers and social workers are their effective contact points in the community for effective outreach and education for these families.
- Weekly public lectures on children eye care for general public and parents;
- Monthly workshops on children care for school teachers and social workers;
- Families attending the public talks will be invited to the CUHK Eye Centre for the eye examination programme on Saturdays and Sundays;
- Education VCD and pamphlets on children eye care will be prepared and distributed to all families;
- Totally 40 public lectures to general public and 12 children eye care workshops to school teachers and social workers will be organized per year, aiming to reach an attendance of about 10,000 families, 1,200 school teachers, and 600 social workers.